I’m more committed to identifying reading (and listening) material that can strengthen your work life. I also realize there is a lot out there. So, you may find this list helpful.
Here are 10 of my favorites from 2018:
- The 10X Lesson, Seth Godin.
- How to Identify and Tell Your Most Powerful Stories, Nancy Duarte.
- Belief is Your Next Wicked Leadership Problem. Here’s How to Solve It, Neil Bedwell.
- How to Find the Person to Help You Get Ahead at Work, Carla Harris, TED Talks.
- The Business Case for Engagement That All CEOs Must Read, Benjamin Schneider.
- Vacation is a Poor Substitute for Leisure, Paul Millerd.
- The Disrupt Yourself Podcast, Whitney Johnson.
- A Blinding Flash of the Obvious, Tom Peters, Insights by Stanford School of Business.
- How Winning Organizations Last 100 Years, Alex Hill, Liz Mellon & Jules Goddard.
- Resilience is About How We Recharge: Not How We Endure, Shaun Achor & Michelle Gielan.
Recommended book* pick of the month. Why this pick? You might think that marketing isn’t applicable to your work life, but you would be absolutely wrong! Seth Godin explains why — in no uncertain terms.
Dr. Marla Gottschalk is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist. She is a charter member of the LinkedIn Influencer Program. Her thoughts on work life have appeared in various outlets including Talent Zoo, Forbes, Quartz and The Huffington Post.