I’m more committed to identifying reading (and listening) material that can strengthen your work life. I also realize there is a lot out there. So, you may find this list helpful.
Here are 10 of my favorites from 2018:
- The 10X Lesson, Seth Godin.
- How to Identify and Tell Your Most Powerful Stories, Nancy Duarte.
- Belief is Your Next Wicked Leadership Problem. Here’s How to Solve It, Neil Bedwell.
- How to Find the Person to Help You Get Ahead at Work, Carla Harris, TED Talks.
- The Business Case for Engagement That All CEOs Must Read, Benjamin Schneider.
- Vacation is a Poor Substitute for Leisure, Paul Millerd.
- The Disrupt Yourself Podcast, Whitney Johnson.
- A Blinding Flash of the Obvious, Tom Peters, Insights by Stanford School of Business.
- How Winning Organizations Last 100 Years, Alex Hill, Liz Mellon & Jules Goddard.
- Resilience is About How We Recharge: Not How We Endure, Shaun Achor & Michelle Gielan.
Recommended book* pick of the month. Why this pick? You might think that marketing isn’t applicable to your work life, but you would be absolutely wrong! Seth Godin explains why — in no uncertain terms.
Dr. Marla Gottschalk is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist. She is a charter member of the LinkedIn Influencer Program. Her thoughts on work life have appeared in various outlets including Talent Zoo, Forbes, Quartz and The Huffington Post.
One thought on “Fuel for Your Work Life: Ten Favorites of 2018”