I’m Marla Gottschalk, an Industrial & Organizational Psychologist. This site was created to discuss all things work life — including the common challenges that most of us face. I cover a wide range of topics from career confidence to managing others.
In addition to this blog, I help people and organizations discover the limiting aspects of their work. I’ve worked with groups representing the education, hotel, automotive, construction and technology sectors.
Here are some of the themes that I explore:
- Taking Control. How can we view our work in a way that allows us to improve it?
- Limits: How do we identify & tackle the obstacles that ultimately hold us back?
- Productivity: What habits & mindsets can support our work?
- Managing Ourselves: How can we stop getting in our own way?
- Managing Others: How can we help our team excel?
I’ve been a member of the LinkedIn Influencer Program since 2012 — where I have a following of more than 2 Million. At LinkedIn, I always strive to bring a relatable view of psychological theory to real work life topics. I’ve also collaborated with brands including Gapingvoid, Toyota, and Johnson & Johnson.
My perspectives on work life have been featured at: