Industrial/Organizational Psychologist. Consultant. Worklife strategist.
I’m committed to helping individuals & teams thrive at work. I hold a firm belief that we under-value foundational elements that support our work. This includes core stability — and its role in building stronger work lives.
I began blogging with the hope of bringing work-focused psychological research to a broader audience. In 2012, I became a Charter Member of LinkedIn Influencer program among 150 other invited experts, where I address a wide range of work life topics. My perspectives on work & organzizations, can also be found at The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Talent Zoo, US News & World Report, The Huffington Post, The Muse and The World Economic Forum blog.
My coaching practice focuses upon building both individual and organizational core capabilities. I’ve worked with organizations representing the auto, education, technology, hotel & non-profit sectors.
Credentials: B.S. in Psychology from Michigan State University and a Ph.D. in Industrial & Organizational Psychology with a minor concentration in multivariate statistics, from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan.
Themes explored at this site:
- Perspective. How can we view our work in a way that allows us to feel more engaged?
- Limits: How do we identify & tackle the obstacles that hold us back?
- Productivity: What habits & mindsets can support our work?
- Managing Ourselves: How can we stop getting in our own way?
- Managing Others: How can we help others excel?